Re: Dolly Drive Revo Update

Anthony Taylor

29 Aug, 2012 05:55 PM

Installed and ran RC1 (1320) with no hitch EXCEPT I still do not see any icons under Applications nor in any of the Browse folders.

On Aug 29, 2012, at 10:05 AM, [email blocked] wrote:

Release Candidate 1
Thank you for the outstanding detailed feedback via the web portal! The least we can do is reward your time.

- Each user will be awarded 5GB for feedback provided for each version of DollyDrive REVO during the Beta Program.
- Each user that refers a friend who then joins the Beta Program will receive 10GB for each new friend. Friend's info will need to be added into the web portal Feedback section.

Release Candidate 1 is a MANDATORY upgrade that all BETA users should perform. It is necessary to STOP your BACKUP and QUITthe app before installing the RC1 app.

We expect to add one more RELEASE CANDIDATE before releasing the official version of app version 1.0

Known Issues
- Updating the app during a backup may lead to unexpected behaviors and failures

- Graphic glitches may occur when trying to restore files while a backup is in progress

- Scanning Backups is still not optimized for speed ( expected fix in RC2 Update )

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Travis Rivera on 29 Aug, 2012 05:58 PM

Can you send a screen shot of the backup preferences > inclusions ?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Mark Ross on 29 Aug, 2012 05:59 PM

This will likely take a while for this build as we are doing some additional work in the population.

3. 3 Posted by Anthony Taylor on 29 Aug, 2012 06:04 PM

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Travis Rivera on 29 Aug, 2012 06:11 PM

Anthony,

Lets give this some time to populated like mark said. If this is still not done by tomorrow can we setup a time for a screen share. I would like to take a look at this.

Regards,

5. 5 Posted by Anthony Taylor on 29 Aug, 2012 06:18 PM

Fine with me. I'll keep in touch with you on this.

6. 6 Posted by Anthony Taylor on 02 Sep, 2012 10:59 PM

Travis,

As of the moment, still no icons under Applications....

On Aug 29, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Anthony Taylor <[email blocked]> wrote:

Fine with me. I'll keep in touch with you on this.

<Signatures.jpg>

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Travis Rivera on 03 Sep, 2012 01:13 PM

How about the browse view ? When the last time you ran a backup ? Do you think we can connect some time Tuesday to connect with a screen share ?

Regards,

8. 8 Posted by Anthony Taylor on 03 Sep, 2012 04:50 PM

The browse view is same as before: I can see the folders, but they are empty when I click to open them. As for backups, I am on a regular schedule where backups are taking place several times a day.

Yes, we can conduct a live/control chat most anytime on Tuesday or even today. Keep in mind that I am on Pacific time, so any time between 9 AM and 5 PM PDT is good for me.

If you need to call me for a last minute set-up, my iPhone is 425-260-6289.

9. 9 Posted by Anthony Taylor on 04 Sep, 2012 03:53 PM

After downloading your latest fix last night, I clicked on restart, but received the following notice twice in a row; only on the third try did it take and start the backup routine.

Once I started the backup I noticed that the backup-bar was missing; it was only when I went to the drop-down menu that I saw that the backup had started... is there any reason for the backup-bar to have been deleted from the main screen?

Anyway, I started a new backup that ten hours later is still running according to the drap-down menu. I'll keep you posted once the backup is complete.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Mark Ross on 04 Sep, 2012 03:55 PM

Go ahead and update again. There is build 1370 out there now that should resolve this issue for you.

Mark

11. Anthony Palermo closed this discussion on 16 Dec, 2012 01:19 AM.

12. Anthony Palermo re-opened this discussion on 16 Dec, 2012 01:20 AM

13. Anthony Palermo closed this discussion on 16 Dec, 2012 01:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac